Full-time postgraduates (Master,Ph.D)
Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
Applicants who apply for master's program should have bachelor degree and be under 35 years old .
Applicants who apply for doctoral program should have master degree and be under 40 years old.
Exempt from tuition fee and accommodation on campus.
Stipend: PH.D 3500 RMB/month; Master 3000RMB/month.
Within the scholarship duration, registered scholarship students will receive a stipend from their host university each month. Students registering on or before the 15th of the month will receive a full stipend of that month. Those who register after the 15th of the month will receive a half stipend of that month. Graduating students will receive stipend until half month after the graduation date. If registered student stays out of China for more than 15 days due to a personal reason (school holidays excluded), his stipend will be stopped during his leaving.
Provide comprehensive medical insurance. (Please visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina and refer to Comprehensive Insurance & Protection Scheme for Foreigners Staying in China for insurance policy.)
Applicants for master and Ph.D. degree, without adequate Chinese proficiency, should take Chinese language courses for one to two academic years to reach the language requirements of their host universities. These period Chinese language study can be sponsored by CGS. Failure to reach the required language proficiency will lead to the automatic termination of scholarship.
Scholarship recipients of the English-taught programs or those with adequate Chinese language proficiency do not need to take Chinese language courses.
All the documents should arrive at International Students Office before March 31st. Please check the specific deadline of each year.
Please read CSC students’ administrative regulations at http://lxs.ecnu.edu.cn/msg.php?id=34 before the application.
Step 1:Apply Online
1. Apply on ECNU website and pay the application fee: http://lxsapply.ecnu.edu.cn/
2. Apply on CSC website
(1)Click “Application online” at http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/register, and begin from “Create an account”;
(2) Read the Instructions carefully. The program category should be Type B, and agency number of ECNU is 10269;
(3) Save and upload the required documents. Click the SUBMIT to generate the application form, which should be downloaded and printed out with duplicates.
Step 2: Mail Application Documents in Hard Copies
After submit the online application, download and print out the application form. Mail two sets of hardcopy of application documents (1 set of originals and 1 set of duplicates) to the following address:
International Student Office, East China Normal University
ADD: Room 253, Physics Building, 3663 North Zhongshan Rd, Shanghai, China
1). Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship （generated after online application）:
2). Duplicates of bachelor or higher education graduation certificate and diploma. Graduating students should provide an official enrollment certificate and impending graduation certificate. Hand in the graduation certificate once graduated. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3). Bachelor or higher education academic transcripts (original or notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4). A study or research plan. All applicants are required to submit a study or research plan. It must be in Chinese or in English and no less than 800 words.
5). Two recommendation letters signed by professors or associate professors (written in Chinese or English). The issue date of the recommendation letter should be later than September 1st, 2018.
7) HSK (the Chinese Proficiency Test) Certificate. Applicants for Chinese-taught majors but without required Chinese proficiency is required to take the remedial Chinese language course for 1-2 year before academic study. Applicants for English-taught programs must submit proof of English Language proficiency (TOEFL ≥ 80、IELTS ≥ 6 or other English language certificates).
* If you choose to take TOEFL exam, you can send the result to ECNU directly on TOEFL exam system, by selecting the Institution code: C304.
8）Photocopy of passport, including all Chinese visa pages.
10) Applicants for art major should submit their own work.
11) Application fee: 800RMB.(paid online)
Step 3: Track Application Status Online
1. Pay attention to your email box or login in your ECNU online application account to check your application status.
2. Make sure your email address is correct and check your email box occasionally, otherwise you might miss some IMPORTANT INFORMATION, eg. the arrangement of interview etc.
Step 4: Admission and University Enrollment
1. The result of your application will be announced both in your application account and on the bulletin of International Students’ Office website.
2. Admitted students must bring the original graduation certificate and diploma to register on the dates listed on the admission letter. Your enrollment will be canceled without providing the relevant certificates.
Master Program: Natalia SHUAI (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ph.D Program: Yin Ying (email@example.com)
ADD: International Students Office of ECNU
Room 253, Physics building, 3663 Zhongshan North Road,200062
TEL: +86-21- 6223 2013/ 6223 8353
Room 253 International Students Office, Physics Building,
East China Normal University, 3663 North Zhongshan Road, Shanghai, China
Global Education Center
International Student Office