Full-time postgraduates (Master,Ph.D)
2023 Graduate program application guide
Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
Applicants who apply for master's program should have bachelor degree and be under 35 years old .
Applicants who apply for doctoral program should have master degree and be under 40 years old.
Exempt from tuition fee and accommodation on campus.
Stipend: PH.D 3500 RMB/month; Master 3000RMB/month.
Within the scholarship duration, registered scholarship students will receive a stipend from their host university each month. Students registering on or before the 15th of the month will receive a full stipend of that month. Those who register after the 15th of the month will receive a half stipend of that month. Graduating students will receive stipend until half month after the graduation date. If registered student stays out of China for more than 15 days due to a personal reason (school holidays excluded), his stipend will be stopped during his leaving.
Provide comprehensive medical insurance. (Please visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina and refer to Comprehensive Insurance & Protection Scheme for Foreigners Staying in China for insurance policy.)
Applicants for master and Ph.D. degree, without adequate Chinese proficiency, should take Chinese language courses for one to two academic years to reach the language requirements of their host universities. These period Chinese language study can be sponsored by CGS. Failure to reach the required language proficiency will lead to the automatic termination of scholarship.
Scholarship recipients of the English-taught programs or those with adequate Chinese language proficiency do not need to take Chinese language courses.
March 1st, 2023
Please read CSC students’ administrative regulations at http://lxs.ecnu.edu.cn/msg.php?id=34 before the application.
Step 1:Apply Online
1. Apply on ECNU website and pay the application fee: http://lxsapply.ecnu.edu.cn/
2. Apply on CSC website
(1)Click “Application online” at https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login, and begin from “Create an account”;
(2) Read the Instructions carefully. The program category should be Type B, and agency number of ECNU is 10269;
(3) Save and upload the required documents. Click the SUBMIT to generate the application form, which should be downloaded and printed out.
Step 2: Track Application Status Online
1. Pay attention to your email box or login in your ECNU online application account to check your application status.
2. Make sure your email address is correct and check your email box occasionally, otherwise you might miss some IMPORTANT INFORMATION, eg. the arrangement of interview etc.
Step 3: Admission and University Enrollment
1. The result of your application will be announced both in your application account and on the bulletin of Global Education Center website.
2. Admitted students must bring the original graduation certificate and diploma to register on the dates listed on the admission letter. Your enrollment will be canceled without providing the relevant certificates.
ADD: Global Education Center of ECNU
Room 253, Physics building, 3663 Zhongshan North Road,200062
TEL: +86-21- 6223 2013/ 6223 8353
Room 253 International Students Office, Physics Building,
East China Normal University, 3663 North Zhongshan Road, Shanghai, China
Global Education Center
International Student Office