Full-time postgraduates (Master,PH.D)
Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens.
Applicants who study for a master degree should be under 35 years old and have a bachelor's degree.
Applicants who study for a doctoral degree should be under 40 years old and have a master's degree.
Graduating students from Chinese universities in 2018 are not acceptable.
Exempt from tuition fee; provide accommodation on campus.
Living allowance: (PH.D 3500 RMB/month; Master 3000RMB/month).
Provide comprehensive medical care insurance for International Students
Please know about the CSC students’ administrative regulations at http://lxs.ecnu.edu.cn/msg.php?id=34 before the application.
Step 1:On-line Application
1. Apply on ECNU website: http://lxs.ecnu.edu.cn/application.php
Application fee should be paid at the same time.
2. Apply on CSC website
(1)Click “Application online” at http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/register, and begin from “Create an account”;
(2) Read the Instructions carefully. The program category should be Type B, and agency No. of ECNU is 10269;
(3) Save and upload the required documents. Click the SUBMIT to generate the application form, which should be downloaded and printed out.
Step 2: Send the documents in hard copies
The applicants provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely. All of documents should be original and with a duplicate copy.
1). Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship （filled in Chinese or English and generated by on-line application）:
2). Highest diploma (original or notarized photocopy): Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3). Academic transcripts (original or notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4). A study or research plan. All applicants are required to submit a study or research plan. It must be in Chinese or in English and no less than 800 words.
5). Recommendation letters: Applicants for postgraduate studies must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors. Please fill in the form of Reference Letter for Ph.D applicants
6). Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form
(The original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form printed by Chinese quarantine authority could be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Please select the appropriate time to take medical examination as it is valid for only 6 months.
7) HSK (the Chinese Proficiency Test) Certificate. Applicants for Chinese-taught majors but without qualified Chinese Language skill is required to take the remedial Chinese language course for 1-2 year before academic study. Applicants for English-taught programs must submit proof of English Language proficiency.
8）Application fee: 800RMB.(Should be paid during the online application procedure on ECNU application website.)
9）Ph.D applicants should submit your published thesis, patents, or your other research achievements during your undergraduate study and the abstract part of your Master's thesis instead of the full text.
1. Application documents should be submitted at ONE time.
2. Application documents sent by fax or email will not be accepted.
3. Application will not be processed without the application fee.
4. The applications documents will not be returned no matter you are accepted or not.
All the documents should arrive at International Students Office before March 31st.
Admission result will be put on the Notice Board (lxs.ecnu.edu.cn) before the end of June.
We will contact the applicants via emails during the enrollment.
Room 253 International Students Office, Physics Building,
East China Normal University, 3663 North Zhongshan Road, Shanghai, China
Global Education Center
International Student Office