Applicants shall consult the dispatching organizations in their home countries concerning details covering the application period and important procedures.
As for Chinese Government Special Scholarship Scheme-University Postgraduate Study Program and Degree Study in Provinces and Autonomous Regions Program, applicants shall consult Chinese universities undertaking the programs about detailed information.
- Applicants should meet the basic qualifications prescribed in the Application Procedures, and fill in the application forms strictly in accordance with requirements. They also need to provide relevant application materials including notarized photocopies of diplomas, transcripts, the applicant’s study plan, a valid health certificate and recommendation letters.
- Application materials for scholarships shall reach CSC before the deadline as specified in Application Procedures via enrollment-undertaking organizations. Application materials received after the deadline will not be processed. (Please check the attached Application Procedures for details.)
- Application materials will not be returned regardless of the result of application.
- Important documents such as original diplomas and Foreigner Physical Examination Form must be properly kept by the applicants themselves.
- Institutions undertaking Chinese Government Scholarships enrollment are as follows:
Embassies (Consulate-General) of P. R. China in sending countries
Embassies of sending countries in China
Provincial education departments in China
Other education institutions
Applicants for Chinese Government Scholarships shall choose their host institutions and specialties from the institutions of higher education designated by MOE. Please check the Directory of Chinese Higher Institutions Admitting International Students under Chinese Government Scholarship Program & Special Scholarship Programs, Directory of Chinese Higher Institutions Admitting International Students under Chinese Government Scholarship Program-University Postgraduate Study Program and Directory of Chinese Higher Institutions Admitting International Students under Chinese Government Scholarship Program-Degree Study in Provinces & Autonomous Regions Program or the website of CSC (http://www.csc.edu.cn/Lianhua/) for details.
- The Chinese institutions of higher education generally use Chinese as the instructional language. Applicants with no command of Chinese are generally required to take Chinese language courses for 1-2 years before beginning their major studies. Applicants who apply for study in either science, engineering, agriculture, medicine (western medicine), economics, management or law are required to take Chinese language courses for at least 1 year. Applicants who apply for study in literature, history, philosophy, or medicine (traditional Chinese medicine, Chinese herbal medicine) are required to take Chinese language courses for at least 2 years.
- Undergraduate programs are instructed in Chinese. In some universities, some courses set for general scholars, senior scholars and postgraduate students are offered in English. Please refer to Directory of Chinese Higher Institutions Admitting International Students under Chinese Government Scholarship Program & Academic Programs or the website of CSC (http://www.csc.edu.cn/Lianhua/) for details.
According to MOE regulations, applicants from the scholarship scheme-specified countries who apply for bachelor degree programs in science, engineering, agriculture, medicine and economics are required to take a one-year foundation course (preparatory education) including the fundamentals of the Chinese language, mathematics, physics and chemistry. Students who pass the examinations of foundation courses can start their undergraduate studies on time as specified in their Admission Notices.
CSC entrusts Tianjin University, Nanjing Normal University and Shandong University to offer the foundation courses in 2009.
Room 253 International Students Office, Physics Building,
East China Normal University, 3663 North Zhongshan Road, Shanghai, China
Global Education Center
International Student Office