Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship was established in 2006 with the aims to enhance the development of international student education in Shanghai and encourage more and more outstanding international students and scholars to ECNU.
1) Type A (Full scholarship)
Exempt from tuition fee, and accommodation on campus; provide comprehensive medical insurance and monthly allowance (Doctoral students: CNY3500; Master students: CNY3000; Undergraduate: CNY2500)
Applicants must be excellent international students in pursuit of degrees.
2) Type B (Partial scholarship)
Exempt from tuition fee, and provide comprehensive medical insurance.
Applicants must be excellent international students of degrees.
1) Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
2) Education background and age limit:
Applicants for bachelor’s degree program must have high school diploma and be under 25.
Applicants for master’s degree program must have bachelor’s degree and be under 35.
Applicants for doctoral degree program must have master’s degree and under 40.
3) Applicants cannot be the holders of any other kinds of Chinese government scholarship.
Admission result will be published on lxs.ecnu.edu.cn by mid June.
1. Application Form. Applicant should register and apply online at www.study-Shanghai.org (the institutional code of ECNU is 10269), download the application form and print it out.
2. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy): Applicant who is university student or at work should also provide studying certificates from the university or working certificates from the company. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3. Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4. A study or research plan. All applicants are required to submit a study or research plan. It must be in Chinese or in English and no less than 1000 words.
5. Recommendation letters: Applicants in pursuit of Master or Ph.D degree must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors.
6. Health certificate (photocopy).
7. Applicants for Chinese-taught majors should have obtained HSK of level 5 or above.
Applicants for English-taught programs must submit proof of English Language proficiency. 8. Applicants for Music major and Fine Arts must submit their own works.
* Application documents sent by email or fax are not accepted.
* Application documents will not be returned whether the applicants are admitted by ECNU or not.
For Chinese-taught programs: 400RMB(80USD); For English-taught programs: 800RMB(160USD).
Please transfer it to our bank account and mail the bank receipt with the application documents ("AliPay" is not acceptable).
Account Name: EAST CHINA NORMAL UNIVERSITY
Account No.: 446872907745
Bank Name: BANK OF CHINA SHANGHAI BRANCH
SWIFT Code.: BKCHCNBJ300
Address: 200 MID YINCHENG ROAD, PUDONG AREA, SHANGHAI, CHINA
Please indicate that the bill is for “Application Fee”and applicant’s passport name.
Please do NOT wire via Alipay or other APP on mobile devices.
Internationals Students Office, ECNU
Add: Room 253, Physics Building, East China Normal University, 3663 North Zhongshan Road, Shanghai 200062, China
Room 253 International Students Office, Physics Building,
East China Normal University, 3663 North Zhongshan Road, Shanghai, China
Global Education Center
International Student Office