Recommending institutions and host institutions should examine the completeness, validity and accuracy of applicant’s name, nationality and permanent address on the passport. If the following documents are not in Chinese or English version, notarization documents should be provided.
1. For application, please log on to the ECNU online application system and the Confucius Institute Scholarships website (http://cis.chinese.cn) to register, complete the Confucius Institute Scholarships Application Form online.
2. A scanned copy of the passport photo page. Applicants under the age of 18 shall submit a notarized copy of the guardian's warrant, who should be appointed by applicants’ parents and a foreign or Chinese resident in China.
3. A scanned copy of score reports of the HSK, HSKK (within the two-year validity).
4. A Recommendation letter by the head of the recommending institutions. (Please provide objective comments on the applicants, including whether the applicant is a student of Confucius Institute or other identity. Chinese language teachers shall submit an employment verification letter and a reference letter by the employing institution.)
5. A certification of the highest education diploma (or proof of expected graduation) and an official transcript.
6. Applicants of the Scholarship for MTCSOL Students are required to provide 2 reference letters from professors or associate professors. Those who can provide an employment agreement or related documents with the designated teaching institution are preferred. MTCSOL applicants are required to provide a Study Plan (800-1000 words) including your background information and your purpose of study
7. Applicants of the Scholarship for PhDTCSOL Students are required to provide 2 reference letters from associate processors, professors or other professionals in the related field. PhD applicants are also required to provide a Study Plan in Chinese including your understanding of the related major and research plan, about 3000 words.
9. Currently employed Chinese language teachers should provide the working certifciate and recommendation letter.
10. MTCSOL applicants should provide a short essay related to your research, about 1000 words.
11. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese quarantine authority) filled in English. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid.
12. Non-criminal Certificate (notarized photocopy in English or Chinese).
13. Application fee: RMB800 for degree program applicants. (Application fee should be paid online: http://lxs.ecnu.edu.cn/application.php )
Account Name: EAST CHINA NORMAL UNIVERSITY
Account No.: 446872907745
Bank Name: BANK OF CHINA， SHANGHAI BRANCH
SWIFT Code.: BKCHCNBJ300
Address: 200 MID YINCHENG ROAD, PUDONG AREA, SHANGHAI, CHINA
Please indicate that the bill is for “Application Fee”and applicant’s passport name.* Please do not wire via Alipay or other APP on mobile devices.
1. Application documents sent by fax will not be accepted.
2. The application documents will not be returned no matter you are accepted or not.
3. The Scholarship Scheme will be posted online in January or February every year. Please pay attention to our website for updated information.
Sun Qi (Ariel)
Add: International Students Office, East China Normal University
Room 253, Physics Building, 3663 Zhongshan Rd.(N.), Shanghai, 200062, China
Division of Testing and Scholarship, Confucius Institute Headquarters / Hanban
Address: 129, Deshengmenwai Street, Xicheng District, Beijing, 100088.
Fax: +86-10-58595937 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Confucius Institute Scholarship Website: http://cis.chinese.cn
HSK and HSKK Website: http://www.chinesetest.cn
Room 253 International Students Office, Physics Building,
East China Normal University, 3663 North Zhongshan Road, Shanghai, China
Global Education Center
International Student Office