Application documents required
Recommending institutions and host institutions should examine the completeness, validity and accuracy of applicant’s name, nationality and permanent address on the passport. If the following documents are not in Chinese or English version, notarization documents should be provided.
Applicants should log onto the Scholarship website, fill out the “Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form”, and attach the electronic files of the following materials:
I. For all applicants
1. A scanned copy of the passport photo page. Applicants under the age of 18 shall submit a notarized copy of the guardian's warrant, who should be appointed by applicants’ parents and a foreign or Chinese resident in China.
2. A scanned copy of score reports of the HSK, HSKK (within 2 years).
3. Recommendation letter signed by the head of the recommending institutions (please provide objective comments on the applicant, including whether the applicant is a student of Confucius Institute or other identity. Chinese language teachers shall submit an employment verification letter and a reference letter provided by the institutes they work for.)
II. For degree scholarship program applicants
4. Certification of the highest education diploma (or proof of expected graduation), and an official transcript.
5. Applicants of the Scholarship for MTCSOL Students are required to provide 2 reference letters from professors or associate professors. Those who can provide an employment agreement or related documents with the designated teaching institution are preferred.
III. Application documents required by ECNU
6. Study Plan
7. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese quarantine authority) filled in English. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid.
8. RMB400 or USD80.You can either pay cash or transfer it to our bank account:
Bank Account Information
Account Name: EAST CHINA NORMAL UNIVERSITY
Account No.: 446872907745
Bank Name: BANK OF CHINA， SHANGHAI BRANCH
SWIFT Code.: BKCHCNBJ300
Address: 200 MID YINCHENG ROAD, PUDONG AREA, SHANGHAI, CHINA
Please indicate that the bill is for “Application Fee”and applicant’s passport name.* Please do not wire via Alipay or other APP on mobile devices.
1.Application documents sent by fax will not be accepted.
2.The application documents will not be returned no matter you are accepted or not.
3.The Scholarship Scheme will be posted online in January or February every year. Please pay attention to our website for updated information.
Add: International Students Office, East China Normal University
Room 253, Physics Building, 3663 Zhongshan Rd.(N.), Shanghai, 200062, China
Division of Testing and Scholarship, Confucius Institute Headquarters / Hanban
Address: 129, Deshengmenwai Street, Xicheng District, Beijing, 100088.
Fax: +86-10-58595937 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Confucius Institute Scholarship Website: http://cis.chinese.cn
HSK and HSKK Website: http://www.chinesetest.cn