Category of Enrollment
Full-time postgraduates (Master,PH.D)
Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens.
Applicants who study for a master degree should be under 35 years old and have a bachelor's degree.
Applicants who study for a doctoral degree should be under 40 years old and have a master's degree.
Exempt from tuition fee; provide accommodation on campus.
Living allowance: (PH.D 3500 RMB/month; Master 3000RMB/month).
Provide comprehensive medical care insurance for International Students
The applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely (in duplicates).
1). Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship （filled in Chinese or English）:
Applicants must register and apply online at http://laihua.csc.edu.cn .(the institutional code of ECNU is 10269),and then print it out.
2). Highest diploma (notarized photocopy): Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3). Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4). A study or research plan. All applicants are required to submit a study or research plan. It must be in Chinese or in English and no less than 800 words.
5). Recommendation letters: Applicants for postgraduate studies must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors.
6). Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (The original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form printed by Chinese quarantine authority could be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Please select the appropriate time to take medical examination as it is valid for only 6 months.
7) HSK (the Chinese Proficiency Test) Certificate. Applicants for Chinese-taught majors but without qualified Chinese Language skill is required to take the remedial Chinese language course for 1-2 year before academic study. Applicants for English-taught programs must submit proof of English Language proficiency.
For Chinese-taught programs: 400RMB(80USD); For English-taught programs: 800RMB(160USD).
Please transfer it to our bank account and mail the bank receipt with the application documents ("AliPay" is not acceptable).
1. Application documents should be submitted at ONE time.
2. Application documents sent by fax will not be accepted.
3. Application will not be processed without the application fee.
4. The applications documents will not be returned no matter you are accepted or not.
All the documents should arrive at International Students Office before March 31st.
Admission result will be put on the Notice Board (lxs.ecnu.edu.cn) in June.
Address for submitting documents
Please send all the paper documents to International Students Office of ECNU
Address: Room 236, Physics building, 3663 Zhongshan North Road,200062
Contact phone number: +86 6223 3283
Bank account information
- Account Name: EAST CHINA NORMAL UNIVERSITY
- Account No.: 435159245526
- Bank Name: BANK OF CHINA SHANGHAI BRANCH
- SWIFT Code.: BKCHCNBJ300
- Address: No.23 Zhongshan Dong Yi Rd, Shanghai, China
- Please indicate that the bill is for “Application Fee”and applicant’s passport name.* Please do not wire via Alipay or other APP on mobile devices.
International Students Office, ECNU
Add: Room 236, Physics Building, East China Normal University, 3663 North Zhongshan Road,
Shanghai 200062, China