According to the regulations of Shanghai Entry & Exit Administration Bureau (SEEAB), international students who would like to apply for an internship off campus must register at the SEEAB and add notes to your residence permit.
Degree students who apply for an internship off campus are required to:
1. Hold a valid student residence permit in China (the remaining valid time is more than 3 months);
2. Abide by Chinese laws and regulations, as well as ECNU regulations, no criminal records;
3. Enrolled as an undergraduate student or graduate student from 2nd grade and above;
4. Pass all subjects for last semester with good attendance;
5. The off campus internship must be in accordance with your Teaching Plan.
Please follow the registration procedures:
1. Submit the APPLICATION FORM FOR INTERNSHIP OF ECNU INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS (download from http://lxs.ecnu.edu.cn) to Global Education Center (GEC).
2. Get the GUIDANCE NOTE FOR INTERNSHIP EMPLOYERS and have your employers confirmed and sign for it.
3. Submit the above Guidance Note to GEC, and your information of internship will be sent to SEEAB after confirmation.
4. Get the copy of CERTIFICATION FOR INTERNSHIP OF INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS and a CERTIFYING LETTER from GEC after 7 working days.
5.Take your passport, copy of CERTIFICATION FOR INTERNSHIP, CERTIFYING LETTER and Temporary Residence Registration Form to apply for adding notes to residence permit at SEEAB.
Documents required for Internship Registration：
2. Teaching Plan related to the internship or Proof of Internship from School or Department
3. Application Form and Certifying Letter for Visa Application issued by GEC
4. Temporary Residence Registration Form
5. Guidance Note for Internship of International Students
6. Certificate for Internship issued by GEC
7. Business License or Registration Certificate of Enterprises and Institutions
8. Copy of Passport (Photo page and visa page)
1.You can add notes of internship when you apply for the residence permit, please take the other documents required for residence permit as well to SEEAB.
2. You need to pay 200RMB per time for adding the notes of internship, if you apply for residence permit and add the notes at a time, you only need to pay the fees for residence permit.
3. International student should not start your internship till you finish the registration procedures of adding notes to residence permit.
4. You can apply for an off campus internship no more than 6 months each time.
Room 253 International Students Office, Physics Building,
East China Normal University, 3663 North Zhongshan Road, Shanghai, China
Global Education Center
International Student Office