Program: Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (BTCSOL)
Period: 4 years
a) Non-Chinese citizens
b) In good Physical and mental condition, well performed both academically and behaviorally
c) Aspired to take future careers on the teaching or international promotion of Chinese language.
d) Aged below 25.
e) Applicant should hold a high school diploma or above.
f) Applicants should own a minimum score of 210 in HSK Test (Level 4) and 60 in HSKK (Intermediate Level)
Exempt from tuition fee; provide accommodation on campus: economic double room
Living allowance: 2500 RMB/month).
Provide comprehensive medical care insurance for International Students
May 15, 2021
Step 1: Online Application
(2) Save and upload the required documents. Click the SUBMIT to generate the application form, which should be downloaded and printed out.
Step 2: Contact with your recommending institutions
I. Confucius Institutes and Confucius classrooms which have been in operation for more than six months. For more information, please refer to www.hanban.org.
II. Testing centers for Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) which have the right to recommend Confucius Institute Scholarship candidates. For information, please refer to www.chinesetest.cn.
III. Oversea organizers of Chinese Bridge Competition: education and cultural offices (groups) of China’s oversea embassies (consulates), Confucius Institute and relevant educational institutions. For further information, please consult email@example.com.
Step 3:Send the documents in hard copies
The applicants provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely. All of documents should be original and with a duplicate copy.
1) Application Form for International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship （filled in Chinese or English and generated by online application）
2) Copy of passport
3) Highest diploma (original or notarized photocopy): Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4) Academic transcripts (original or notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
5) A study or research plan. All applicants are required to submit a study or research plan. It must be in Chinese or in English and no less than 800 words.
6) Recommendation letters from recommending Institution
7) Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (The original copy should be kept by the applicant.) The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Please select the appropriate time to take medical examination as it is valid for only 6 months.
8) HSK & HSKK (the Chinese Proficiency Test) Certificate （Valid for 2 years）.
9) Non-criminal Certificate (notarized photocopy in English or Chinese)
10) Application fee: 800RMB(Please pay through the online registration at http://lxs.ecnu.edu.cn/application.php
11) Applicants under the age of 18 shall provide certified documents of designation signed by their entrusted legal guardians in China.
Step 4: wait for interview notice
We will contact the applicants via emails or phone calls during the enrollment. Please be sure that you provided with valid contact information.
1. Incomplete or unqualified applications will not be processed.
2. Applicants will be disqualified from application in case of fraudulent application materials or application materials are completed and submitted by someone else.
3. Scholarship winners who cannot register with the host institutions on time should inform the host institution about the reasons in written form within 15 days before the admission date. For those who do not register as requested without reason, the scholarship will be canceled.
4. Scholarship will be canceled for those who do not pass the admission physical examination, drop out, or take schooling suspension during the study.
Global Education Center of ECNU
Contact person: ZHANG Juanmei
Address: Room 253, Physics building, 3663 Zhongshan North Road,200062
Contact phone number: +86 6223 2013
Room 253 International Students Office, Physics Building,
East China Normal University, 3663 North Zhongshan Road, Shanghai, China
Global Education Center
International Student Office