All applicants shall be
1) Non-Chinese citizens
2) In good Physical and mental condition, well performed both academically and behaviorally
3) Aspired to take future careers on the teaching or international promotion of Chinese language
4) Between the ages of 16-35 on September 1st, 2022. Applicants currently worked as Chinese language teachers shall not exceed the age limit of 45.
Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study
The programme commences in September 2022, and provides scholarship for a maximum of eleven months. International students who have benefited from similar scholarships are not eligible.
For the area of TCSOL,Chinese Language and Literature, applicants shall have a minimum score of 180 on the HSK test (Level 4, and an HSKK test score is required.
For the areas of Chinese History, and Chinese Philosophy, etc., applicants shall have a minimum score of 180 on the HSK test (Level 5) and 60 on the HSKK test (Intermediate Level).
e) Scholarship for One-Semester Study
The programme commences either in September 2022 or March 2023, and provides scholarship of a maximum of five months. Applicants holding the X1 or X2 visa are not eligible.
For the areas of TCSOL, Chinese Language and Literature, applicants shall have a minimum score of 180 on the HSK test (Level 4), and an HSKK test score is required.
For the areas of Chinese History, and Chinese Philosophy, etc., applicants shall have a minimum score of 180 on the HSK test (Level 5), and an HSKK test score is required.
Exempt from tuition fee; provide accommodation on campus: economic double room.
Living allowance: 2500 RMB/month.
Provide comprehensive medical care insurance for International Students.
May 15, 2022 (for those commencing in September)
November 15, 2022 (for those commencing in March 2023)
Step 1:Online Application
For application, please log into the Scholarships website (http://cis.chinese.cn) and ECNU application website(https://lxsapply.ecnu.edu.cn/) to register, complete the Application Form online, and upload the scanned copies of relevant supporting documents.
Step 2: Contact with your recommending institutions
Recommending Institutions( please refer to www.chinesetest.cn)
I. Confucius Institutes and Confucius classrooms which have been in operation for more than six months.
II. Testing centers for Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) which have the right to recommend Confucius Institute Scholarship candidates.
III. Oversea organizers of Chinese Bridge Competition: education and cultural offices (groups) of China’s oversea embassies (consulates), Confucius Institute and relevant educational institutions.
For further information, please consult email@example.com.
Step 3:Check application status
The applicants provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely. All of documents should be original and with a duplicate copy.
2) Photocopy of passport photo page. Applicants under the age of 18 shall submit a notarized copy of the guardian's warrant, who should be appointed by applicants’ parents and a foreign or Chinese resident in China.
3) Highest diploma and Academic transcripts (original or notarized photocopy): Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4) A study or research plan. All applicants are required to submit a study or research plan. It must be in Chinese or in English and no less than 800 words.
5) Recommendation letters from recommending Institution (Please provide objective comments on the applicants, including whether the applicant is a student of Confucius Institute or other identity. Chinese language teachers shall submit an employment verification letter and a reference letter by the employing institution.)
6) Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (The original copy should be kept by the applicant.) The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Please select the appropriate time to take medical examination as it is valid for only 6 months.
7) Photocopy of HSK & HSKK (the Chinese Proficiency Test) Certificate (within the two-year validity).
8) Non-criminal cerficiate (notarized photocopy in English or Chinese).
9) Application fee 400 RMB( online pay at https://lxsapply.ecnu.edu.cn/)
1. Incomplete or unqualified applications will not be processed.
2. Applicants will be disqualified from application in case of fraudulent application materials or application materials are completed and submitted by someone else.
3. Scholarship winners who cannot register with the host institutions on time should inform the host institution about the reasons in written form within 15 days before the admission date. For those who do not register as requested without reason, the scholarship will be canceled.
4. Scholarship will be canceled for those who do not pass the admission physical examination, drop out, or take schooling suspension during the study.
Global Education Center of ECNU
Address: Room 253, Physics building, 3663 Zhongshan North Road,200062
Contact phone number: +86-21-62232013
Room 253 International Students Office, Physics Building,
East China Normal University, 3663 North Zhongshan Road, Shanghai, China
Global Education Center
International Student Office