All majors included in degree programs are open to foreign students. Foreign students will take classes together with undergraduates or postgraduates as well as obtain transcripts upon the completion of the term.
Duration: one semester or more
Beginning: In early September or mid February
Application deadline: Jan. 10 (Spring semester) June. 15 (Fall semester)
1. Students with valid foreign passport
2. Bachelor program major applicants should have High school qualification or above.
Master program major applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree to a Bachelor’s degree (or above) in China.
Ph.D program major applicants should have a Master's degree or an equivalent degree to a Master's degree (or above) in China.
3. HSK-4 over 180 for programs of Chinese language department, HSK-5 over 180 or above for other bachelor programs. HSK-5 over 210 or above for Chinese-taught postgraduage programs or other certificates approved by our university.
Applicants of English-taught programs from non-English native speaking countries should have IELTS (6.0 or above) / TOFEL (85 or above) / Cambridge English (B2 or above) certificate or other certificates approved by our university.
4. Guardian's Letter of Guarantee is required for applicants under 18 years old. The guardian should be in China.
1. Fill in the application form online and submit documents needed. (Please make sure that the documents are scanned clearly and completely.Uploading unclear copies might influence your admission result.) Pay the 400 RMB application fee online, which won’t be refunded no matter admitted or not.
2. Track your application status online
Check your email box or log into your ECNU online application account to track your application status.
* Make sure your email address is correct and check your email box from time to time, otherwise you might miss some IMPORTANT INFORMATION such as the arrangement of interview etc.
3. Receive admission result through online appication system or email.
Please refer to the "Visiting program major list"
The required documents of visiting programs are the same with degree programs:
Add/Mailing Add: Room 253 International Students Office, Physics Building, East China Normal University
Zip code: 200062
Tel: +86-21-62232013 +86-21-62238353
Room 253 International Students Office, Physics Building,
East China Normal University, 3663 North Zhongshan Road, Shanghai, China
Global Education Center
International Student Office