Category of Enrollment
Full-time Ph.D Program
Program: Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages
Period: 4 years
All applicants shall be
a) Non-Chinese citizens.
b) Should be friendly to China, have no criminal record, and abide by the laws and regulations of the Chinese government and the rules and regulations of the school.
c) Be in good physical and mental conditions and wih good academic performance and conduct.
d) Committed to the Chinese language education and related work.
e) Between the ages of 16-35 on September 1st, 2023. Applicants currently working as Chinese language teachers shall not be over 45.
f) Applicants shall be Master degree holders with majors related with TCSOL, linguistics, International Chinese Education, Education and so on, and have a minimum score of 200 in HSK Test (Level 6) as well as 60 in HSKK test (High Level). Applicants who are able to provide notarized document of the employment agreement or related proofs upon completing study in China are preferred.
Exempt from tuition fee; provide accommodation on campus: economic double room
Living allowance: 3500 RMB/month.
Provide comprehensive medical care insurance for International Students
May 15, 2023
Online registration will be available from March 1st, 2023. Please log on to the ECNU online application system and International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship application website (http://cis.chinese.cn) to apply.
1. Please log on to search for Recommending Institutions:
2. To register and upload application materials online; and track the application progress, comments and result.
3. Scholarship holders need to confirm with the host institutions to go through the procedures of studying in China, print out the scholarship certificate online, and register at host institutions on the designated date as per the letter of admission.
I. For all applicants
1. For application, please log on to the ECNU online application system and the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship website (http://cis.chinese.cn) to register, complete the Application Form online.
2. A scanned copy of the passport photo page.
3. A scanned copy of score reports of the HSK, HSKK (within the two-year validity).
4. A Recommendation letter by the head of the recommending institutions. (Please provide objective comments on the applicants, including whether the applicant is a student of Confucius Institute or other identity. Chinese language teachers shall submit an employment verification letter and a reference letter by the employing institution.)
II. For degree scholarship program applicants
5. A certification of the BA and MA diploma (or proof of expected graduation) and an official transcript of BA and MA program.
6. Applicants of the Scholarship for PhDTCSOL Students are required to provide 2 reference letters from scholars who hold the title of associate professor or higher, or senior professionals in a related academic field. PhD applicants are also required to provide a Study Plan in Chinese including your understanding of the related major and research plan, about 3000 words.
The issue date of the recommendation letter should be later than September 1st, 2022.
Recommendation letter MUST include: the position, the title, working place, contact telephone, email and the signature of the recommender
7. Currently employed Chinese language teachers should provide the working certifciate and recommendation letter.
III. Application documents required by ECNU
8. MTCSOL applicants should provide a short essay related to your research, about 1000 words.
9. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese quarantine authority) filled in English. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid.
10. Non-criminal Certificate (notarized photocopy in English or Chinese).
11. Application fee: RMB800 for degree program applicants. (Application fee should be paid online: http://lxs.ecnu.edu.cn/application.php )
1. Application documents sent by fax will not be accepted.
2. The application documents and the application fee will not be returned no matter you are accepted or not.
1. Incomplete or unqualified applications will not be processed.
2. Applicants will be disqualified from application in case of fraudulent application materials or application materials are completed and submitted by someone else.
3. Scholarship winners who cannot register with the host institutions on time should inform the host institution about the reasons in written form within 15 days before the admission date. For those who do not register as requested without reason, the scholarship will be canceled.
4. Students who fail to pass the pre-enrollment medical examination, withdraw from school midway, or fail to report to school or suspend their studies without permission will be disqualified for scholarship.
Address for submitting documents
Global Education Center, ECNU
Address: Room 253, Physics building, 3663 Zhongshan North Road,200062
Contact phone number: +86 6223 2013
Physical Examination Report Template
Recommendation Letter from ECNU