Category of Enrollment
Full-time Ph.D program
Program: Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL)
Period: 4 years
a) Non-Chinese citizens
b) In good Physical and mental condition, well performed both academically and behaviorally
c) Aspired to take future careers on the teaching or international promotion of Chinese language.
d) Between the ages of 16-35. Applicants currently worked as Chinese language teachers shall not exceed the age limit of 45.
e) Applicants shall be Master degree holders, and have a minimum score of 200 in HSK Test (Level 6) as well as 60 in HSKK test (e Level). Applicants have been employed by the Chinese Teaching institute for at least 2 years.
Exempt from tuition fee; provide accommodation on campus: economic double room
Living allowance: 3500 RMB/month.
Provide comprehensive medical care insurance for International Students
May 10, 2020
Step 1:On-line Application
(2) Save and upload the required documents. Click the SUBMIT to generate the application form, which should be downloaded and printed out.
Step 2: Contact with your recommending institutions
Step 3:Send the documents in hard copies
The applicants provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely. All of documents should be original and with a duplicate copy.
1) Application Form for Confucius Institute Scholarship （filled in Chinese or English and generated by on-line application） and Application Form for International Students at East China Normal University:
2) Copy of passport
3) BA, MA diploma (original or notarized photocopy): Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4) BA, MA Academic transcripts (original or notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
5) A study or research plan. All applicants are required to submit a study or research plan. It must be in Chinese or in English and no less than 3000 words.
6) Recommendation letters from recommending Institution.
7) Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors. The issue date of the recommendation letter should be later than September 1st, 2019. The referee’s information, including the position, the title, institute, contact telephone, email and the signature of the referee, is required.
8) Non criminal certificate (notarized photocopy in English or in Chinese)
9) Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form and the Blooding test report (The original copy should be kept by the applicant.) The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Please select the appropriate time to take medical examination as it is valid for only 6 months.
10) HSK & HSKK (the Chinese Proficiency Test) Certificate.
12) Award certificates
Step 4: wait for interview notice
We will contact the applicants via emails or phone calls during the enrollment. Please be sure that you provided with valid contact information.
1. Incomplete or unqualified applications will not be processed.
2. Applicants will be disqualified from application in case of fraudulent application materials or application materials are completed and submitted by someone else.
3. Scholarship winners who cannot register with the host institutions on time should inform the host institution about the reasons in written form within 15 days before the admission date. For those who do not register as requested without reason, the scholarship will be canceled.
4. Scholarship will be canceled for those who do not pass the admission physical examination, drop out, or take schooling suspension during the study.
Address for submitting documents
Global Education Center, ECNU
Contact person: Yin Ying
Address: Room 253, Physics building, 3663 Zhongshan North Road,200062
Contact phone number: +86 6223 2013